Amsler test – allows you to make a sight assessment within the central retinal fovea . This test can be performed by everybody on their own. We especially recommend it for people over 50 years of age because the patients can , in this way , control sight themselves.
How to perform Amsler test properly?
- The test should be• If you use reading glasses – put them on .
- performed in a well -lit room, at a distance of 40 cm from the face.
- Cover one eye and with the other look at the central point of the grid ( black square ) .
- Focus your sight only on the central point .
- Without taking your eyes from the central point ( black square ) ,assess whether all the lines that you see are straight lines, and all the squares have the same dimension.
- Perform the test for each eye -separately.
If you notice any image defects , crooked lines or uneven squares, go immediately to an ophthalmologist !!!
Specify exactly what kind of changes you have noticed.